On the days of Women’s Conference, traffic congestion and slow downs may begin on I-15 and may also occur on major roads leading to BYU. Plan on an extra 20-30 minutes to get through traffic and park. Road construction is also prevalent in the Provo-Orem area-especially along University Parkway from the freeway through Orem and into Provo. We recommend alternate roads, including Orem Center Street and 800 North in Orem.
Be stress free by leaving home early!
If you are looking for parking and shuttle options once you are on campus, please see our Getting Around Campus page.
Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
Several major airlines service Salt Lake City International Airport.
All major car rental agencies are also available.
Taxis and Private Transportation
Taxis and ride sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are available on demand.
Public transit is available directly from SLC airport to Provo. Visit UTA's website for schedules and pricing.
- Take TRAX "Green Line" light rail from the airport to the North Temple Bridge/Guadalupe station.
- Transfer to FrontRunner commuter rail southbound to Orem or Provo stations.
- Transfer to the Utah Valley Express (UVX) bus that serves both commuter rail stations.
- BYU North Campus station is closest to the Marriott Center
- BYU South Campus station is closest to the Wilkinson Center.
If you are arriving by plane, a commercial shuttle service is available to transport you from the Salt Lake International Airport (SLC) to Provo. Advanced reservations are required. Have your flight number and arrival time ready when you call.
Approximate cost one way:
$30–34 for first person/$15 for each additional person in your party
Online reservations available at www.expressshuttleutah.com
Provo City Airport (PVU)
Fly direct to Provo with Allegiant Airlines service from airports in Arizona (AZA) and California (LAX, OAK, SAN). Please visit their website for details and schedules.
Directions to BYU Campus
- About 45 miles south of Salt Lake City, take exit 269 (University Parkway)*.
- Stay left (east towards the mountains) at the off-ramp traffic signal.
- On University Parkway, drive east (past UVU and University Place) and then down the hill into Provo.
- Continue east on University Parkway and one block past University Avenue to Canyon Road.
- Turn left on Canyon Road and park in the LaVell Edwards Stadium parking lot. Parking is also available on the north side of the Indoor Practice Facility (Lot 37Y) across from Provo High School.
- Take the shuttle to the Marriott Center (also available from lot 37Y)
*University Avenue is under construction during the months of April and May. We recommend alternate routes from the freeway into Provo, including 800 North in Orem and Orem Center Street.
- Take exit 263 (US-189 N/University Avenue).
- Drive north on University Avenue to University Parkway. You will pass landmarks such as the Provo Towne Centre Mall, Provo City Center Temple, Provo City Library, and Provo High School.
- Turn right at University Parkway (east, towards the mountains), and travel one block east to Canyon Road.
- Turn left on Canyon Road and park in the BYU LaVell Edwards Football Stadium parking lot (Chevron station will be on your right). Parking is also available north of the Indoor Practice Field (Lot 37Y) across from Provo High School.
- Take the shuttle to the Marriott Center (also available from lot 37Y).
Please see our parking page.
Things to do/see while you’re at BYU
- Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum
- BYU Museum of Art
- Education in Zion gallery in the Joseph F. Smith Building
- Museum of Peoples and Cultures